How can I treat my glaucoma if I am pregnant?

Dr. Constance Okeke
Ophthalmology

In brief: Carefully

How glaucoma is treated in a pregnant woman is very dependent on the stage of glaucoma and the stage of pregnancy.
This treatment regimen it needs to be specifically tailored to you. Sometimes glaucoma is just monitored while pregnant, while other times drops are used or laser treatment performed. Your doctor should work with you through this. Good luck!

In brief: Carefully

Dr. Constance Okeke
Dr. Constance Okeke
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Continue treatment

Anti-glaucoma eyedrops do not get absorbed and will have no effect on the developing child within you.
You need to preserve your vision so do not put them aside. Discuss this with your ophthalmologist and your OB if necessary.

In brief: Continue treatment

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Adam Levy