How can I stop excessive bleeding from my mouth after tooth extraction?

Several things. The first thing to try is to bite on some slightly wet gauze for 30 mins, and repeat this for another 30 mins. If you feel like you are continuing to bleed a lot, bite on a wet tea bag for 30 mins, normally this does the trick. You also may not be bleeding as bad as you think, as blood gets mixed in with your saliva in your mouth it may seem like there is more blood than there is.
Pressure . Rinse your mouth with cold water and place cotton gauze. Hold it in place for 5 min. The area should not be bleeding when you are placing pressure with the gauze. If you do not have cotton gauze you can use a luke warm tea bag.