Is peptic ulcer disease also related to having pernicious anemia?

Ulcer/infection. Vitamin B12 requires intrinsic factor secreted by the stomach in order to be absorbed. If enough of the stomach cells have been damaged by ulcers, a lack of intrinsic factor secretion could lead to a decreased absorption of B12 and pernicious anemia. Infection with helicobacter pylori can lead to chronic gastritis which can also lead to both ulcers and anemia.
It can be. Pernicious anemia is an anemia caused by a deficiency in vitamin b12. To use b12, you must have intrinsic factor which is made by cells in your stomach. If you have numerous ulcers, you could damage the cells and not make enough of this chemical, however that is unlikely.