Do pediatricians treat hemorrhoids and anal fissures?

Dr. Scott Katz

In pediatrics both conditions are usually a result of constipation, which if treated properly will help the fissures and hemorrhoids.

Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz

In brief: Many do

Pediatricians see many kids with bm difficulties and are very knowledgeable with management of perianal problems.
They will make the appropriate referral to GI or surgery if specialty input is needed.

In brief: Many do

Dr. George T Tsai
Dr. George T Tsai

In brief: Confusing question

Anal fissures are a common problem and handled by most PCP's, and certainly pediatricians.
I don't think I have ever seen a kid with a true case of hemorrhoids in more than 3 decades of pediatric practice.If it occurred we would find it and send it out for treatment.

In brief: Confusing question

Dr. Shontae Buffington