Will shots of human growth hormone help me build muscle fast?

Not approved. Growth hormone is an anabolic substance, meaning it promotes the production of protein. It is not approved for such purposes, but athletes having using it as a performance enhancer and to quiken recovery of injured muscle. There are no scientific studies verifying this since it is not approved for such. Beware of going against nature's design, she will ask for payback.
Doping. Growth hormone does promote growth of lean body mass. However, gh can have terrible side effects when taken inappropriately: acromegaly, diabetes, raised intracranial pressure, very possibly higher risk for malignancy because gh may stimulate growth of cells with cancer potential. Not safe at all for someone who wants to add muscle and has no physiologic need for additional growth hormone.