What would be wrong with someone to have blood in their saliva?

Dr. Anna Guarna
Dentistry

In brief: Depends

Most commonly this is from gingivitis/periodontitis/gum disease.
..See your dentist for eval and thorough cleaning. Less common, bleeding ulcer/discharge from sinus/ulcerations in mouth or throat.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Anna Guarna

In brief: Gingivitis

Actually you could have a number of different issues but gingivitis is the most common reason to have blood in saliva.
Advanced periodontal disease can also cause blood in saliva. I would get checked by a dentist to rule out any of the above and if you're oral health checks out fine then go to your regular md for an evaluation.

In brief: Gingivitis

Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Keegan Duchicela