What food may be consumed to increase nitric oxide levels?

Dr. Allan Schwartz
Anesthesiology

In brief: Foods with Arginine

1. Eat more foods that contain the Amino Acid arginine.
This includes arginine. These are foods such as beans, soy, almonds, walnuts, oats, and such cold-water fish as salmon, tuna, and mackerel. I looked this up on readers digest.Com. Interesting!

In brief: Foods with Arginine

Dr. Allan Schwartz
Dr. Allan Schwartz
Dr. Michael DePietro
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Arginine containing

The Amino Acid arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide.
It is found in dairy products, poultry and fish. In fact its normally made by the body and therefore does not need to be consumed. In severe illnesses the demand may be high enough that some consumption is needed. It is not clear eating more increases no levels. There is a suggestion that high doses may alter no levels in some diseases.

In brief: Arginine containing

Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Peter Kurzweil