Is it safe to take Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) and workout whilst using nitric oxide supplements ?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: No
I wouldn't think it's safe to take Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) during workouts.
Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is an amphetamine which can function like adrenalin. Your blood pressure and heart rate could go up too high. Probably even dangerously high, depending on the dose, potentially causing a stroke or heart attack. Why risk it?

In brief: No
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Gregg Friedman
Gregg L. Friedman MD Psychiatrist Agrees
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: No evidence
I do not know that there is any evidence of the interaction.
I also have no idea why nitrous oxide is used as a supplement for anything! it is too dangerous and I do not think has any" workout proven benefits!

In brief: No evidence
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Alan Cohen
It's not nitrous oxide, it's a nitric oxide precursor supposed to help workouts, and one of the mediators of ED treatments like Viagra.
Dr. Alan Cohen
In brief: Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine)
L-arginine and other Amino Acids used to enhance Nitric Oxide levels are safe, in general, with amphetamines.
However, intense workouts with stimulants may affect blood pressure and heart rate. Use with caution.

Dr. Alan Cohen
Dr. Alan Cohen
Dr. Gregg Friedman
Dr. Arnon Rubin