What is meant if you hep c test is positive but they sai the viral load is nondetectable?

Depends. It could be a false positive hepatitis c antibody which can be seen in women and patients with rheumatologic conditions. Or, the person could have had hepatitis c, but cleared the virus.
Mild asymptomatic . If there is no viral load then there has been exposure to hep c in the past, but it has not produced active inflammation of the liver with multiplication, and will probably not require therapy or create major problems.