Are nitric oxide supplements advisable to take?

No. There are some "nitric oxide supplements" on the market used by weight lifters for muscle building. Actually Nitric Oxide is a gas produced spontaneously by the body that is important in a number of biologic processes. There is no evidence that "supplements" alter this significantly. For those weight training, a healthy diet, adequate hydration and proper technique are the keys to strength gains.
Just Eat Good Foods. Why not eat healthy natural foods that also contain other helpful nutrients? This includes beans, soy, almonds, walnuts, oats, and such cold-water fish as salmon, tuna, and mackerel. Cut your intake of saturated fat. Just one meal high in saturated fat can temporarily cut endothelial no production. From readers digest.Com.