Can multiple myeloma affect the liver?

Yes. Not common. Yes. Multiple myeloma can effect any organ. However, liver involvement is not common. Myeloma generally involves the bones predominantly; however there are reports of nearly every organ being involved in including the brain. Liver involvement by any cancer can make some types of chemotherapy (that is processed by the liver) more difficult to give.
Rarely but yes. Multiple myeloma is a plasma cell disorder primarily effecting bone marrow. In the solitary version an occasional lesion is seen in soft tissue such as pharynx. Liver involvement is very rare, the most common presentation being in the form of amyloidosis or cholestatic jaundice. Clonal selection after thalidomide treatment might be one cause. In practice the incidence of liver lesions is les.