What can I do when I am not sleeping well at night?

Sleep hygiene. When getting ready for bed, try turning down lights, the dark environment helps the production of melatonin in the body to make you sleepy. Try journaling or making a list of the things you are thinking about, but you have to reassure yourself that you will pick up these things in the morning. Try deep breathing and meditation to calm your mind. Try visualization of somewhere calm. Also prayer.
Sleep Hygiene is Key. Retire & rise same time each day. Keep bedroom dark & cool & use only for sex & sleep. Turn off tv. No naps. Exercise regularly but not in late evening. No caffeine for 6 hrs & no alcohol or tobacco w/i 2 hrs of sleep. Keep dinner moderate sized & finish at least 2 to 3 hrs before sleep. Can try warm milk, Chamomile tea or melatonin along w light reading, warm bath or lavender scent.