What can I do if for a sore throat?

Be careful. Perisitant sore throats, lasting more than 2 weeks can be a red flag. If this is the case consult an ENT specialist. For sure if you smoke, stop.
Fok remedies. For significant sore throat with swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see dr & get a streph throat test. Consider tylenol (acetaminophen) or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. Saltwater gargles: mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle several times a day. Or gargle with aloe vera juice twice a day. Add honey & a small amt. Of lemon juice to chamomile tea.