Should I see a psychiatrist for disturbing nightmares?

In brief: Nightmares

Could be your only sx or could be part of a constellation of sxs.
I.E., nightmares occur in ptsd. Many patients with depression or anxiety experience nightmares from time to time. If nightmares are the only sx but are impacting quality of life, working with a mental health provider may well be beneficial. If one of a # of sxs, then please see a psychologist or psychiatrist for comprehensive eval.

In brief: Nightmares

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Nightmares

Assuming no medical reason for the dreams, talk to a psychotherapist to help you explore the dynamics & resolve the conflict causing recurrence of those dreams.

In brief: Nightmares

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali