Should I get my son the guardasil vaccine?

In brief: I would
The germ passes easily & quietly between carrier & recipient.
Barrier methods don't always prevent the spread. It may never show any signs at all in a male before he passes it on or gives it to his future spouse. Random blood tests in the pre-vaccine era showed ~ 70% of college females were positive for signs of prior infection by their junior year.

In brief: I would
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Travel Medicine
In brief: Agree and...
I agree with the author above.
In addition, though many men never show signs of hpv: 1% of sexually active men in U.S. Have genital warts at any one time each year 2, 000 men get hpv cancer of the penis & anus. Each year 5, 600 men get oral cancer from mixed hpv & smoking. Men with HIV who get hpv have a high incidence of genital warts. Why risk any of this? Once positive for hpv, vaccine too late.

In brief: Agree and...
I agree with the author above.
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Dr. Vicken Poochikian