How old do you need to be to get silicone breast implants?

22. The asps (american society of plastic surgeons) has adopted a policy consistent with the fda’s approval of saline breast implants for women at least 18 years old and does not recommend purely cosmetic breast augmentation in teens under 18. The fda limits the use of silicone breast implants for women 22 or older. Most plastic surgeons adhere to this policy.
18. I won't perform a cosmetic breast augmentation on anyone under 18 years of age, and try to talk most people into waiting until 20.
Depends on reason. For elective breast augmentation the fda approved ages are 18 for saline and 22-years-old for silicone gel filled breast implants. For reconstructive purposes, or the correction of birth defects, they may be used sooner.
18. Although use of silicone gel implants in a woman age 18-22 is considered "off-label" by the fda, it is not illegal nor inappropriate in an informed patient who chooses this option. Many plastic surgeons who would not hesitate to use Botox "off-label" for crows feet wrinkles (botox is fda approved only for frown line wrinkles) will not use silicone gel implants in women under 22. I do.