How does the body react to an increase in stress?

Stress & the body. It prepares for action by activating the autonomic nervous system & numerous hormones. Stress can cause muscle tension, cold hands & feet, increased heart rate, rapid and shallow breathing, stomach upset, headaches, dry mouth, increased sweating, mind racing, & insomnia. Chronic stress decreases immune functions and contributes to numerous illnesses.
Effects of stress... Stress can have a variety of effects on the body, to include signs of premature aging. Learning to effectively manage stress and tell the difference between good and bad stress is important to overall physical, mental, and emotional health. If you would like help with this, you can request a consultation with me.
Thanks for repeating. What did you say that is different than my comments! simply agree with my answer, or provide a comment that points out why!
Brain and body! Your body releases Adrenalin and cortisol. These hormones "increase" vigilence and perceived anxiety. The also increase glucose and triglycerides. Your brain may respond to chronic stress by depleting itself of seratonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine, or combinations thereof. Stress is an aging factor, so see someone who can help you deal with it, preferably drugs, although they may be needed.