How do I increase my good HDL cholesterol?

Diet, exercise. You can raise your good cholesterol by increasing the amount of exercise you do, losing weight, and following a healthy diet, low in fat and cholesterol. Eating healthier, unsaturated fats can help as well. There are medications and over the counter supplements such as Niacin that will also help to raise good cholesterol.
Depends on cause. Increasing HDL cholesterol depends on the cause of the low hdl. Hdl can be depressed for many reasons, however, obesity or overweight, smoking, inactivity and diet are common causes. Medications, high triglycerides, and other diseases can also cause HDL to be low. Reversing these causes will in many cases but not always increase the hdl. There is no indication, however to raise HDL with medication.