Do I need to sterilize my baby's bottles?

Dr. Roy Benaroch
In brief: No
Nothing after birth is sterile, and it's not necessary to "sterilize" bottles or use boiled water. Use the dishwasher and tap water.

In brief: No
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch
In brief: No
Thorough washing with a safe detergent is enough for healthy children.

In brief: No
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
In brief: No
Though there's no harm in it, sterilizing babies bottles usually is just creating extra work for parents.
In most cases, just cleaning the bottles with warm, soapy water should be sufficient. Some experts recommend sterilizing the bottles for the first month of life in households that use well water.

In brief: No
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Dr. Shontae Buffington