Foot care - what do I do for thick cracked heals?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Moisturize

Try moisturizing your feet.
It will be more effective if you apply saran wrap over the moisturizer and socks when you sleep.

In brief: Moisturize

Try moisturizing your feet.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. E. James Bodmer
I agree, however, a podiatrist will help debride the fissures of hyperkeratitic tissue. This will then allow the skin to better absorb the moisturizing creams. I would suggest a urea-based cream of 40%. Apply twice daily. At night, wrap with saran wrap to re-moisturize the heels.

In brief: Foot cream

I recommend am lactin , lac hydrin or a urea based cream. Alll of these will do a good job of moisturizing your skin.
It is best to apply after bath or shower. Open backed shoes, flip flops and sandles will make your heels dry and cracked.

In brief: Foot cream

Dr. Lorry Melnick
Dr. Lorry Melnick
Dr. Adam Smith