Do I tell my dentist that I chew tobacco? I'm concerned that I have mouth cancer.

Dr. Brian Hoffman
Dentistry
In brief: Absolutely
You cannot lie, hide, or cheat cancer.
If you are worried, be very truthful and let the testing begin. You need to know what you are up against, and waiting is not a good option. Lastly, but equally as important...Stop chewing tobacco, it is a hard habit to break, understood, but think of the alternative. Best of luck to you, i wish you the best!

In brief: Absolutely
You cannot lie, hide, or cheat cancer.
Dr. Brian Hoffman
Dr. Brian Hoffman
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry
In brief: Yes because
Not telling your dentist (or physician) everything only hurts you.
You go to professionals for help and to be healthy.

In brief: Yes because
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Jay Kansal
Dentistry
Yes, it is very important to tell your dentist of all your habits including smoking, tobacco, alcohol use, etc.
It is also important to tell them of any symptoms you may be experiencing to make you think you have cancer. This helps us base your risk of getting cancer and the dentist may perform some tests after that to see if you have cancer.

Dr. Jay Kansal
Dr. Jay Kansal
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry
In brief: 100% YES
This is not to be taken lightly.
Oral cancer can kill and you should not hesitate to contact your denist and if they are uncertain you can be seen by a specialist. Tobacco use has a very high risk of oral cancer and it can be minimized if found early. Don't wait.

In brief: 100% YES
This is not to be taken lightly.
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
In brief: YES!
Your dentist needs to know all of your oral habits, medications, and whatever substances you use, legal or not so he or she can make the best recommendations for treatment.
Tobacco is definitely one of them that should be disclosed. If you are worried about cancer, take our advice and stop chewing tobacco, see your dentist and get the area of concern biopsied.

In brief: YES!
Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dr. Adam Smith