Can suborthelene orthotic devices be manipulated using a hairdryer?

Dr. Trevor Neal
Podiatry

In brief: Hairdryer/orthotic

It's unlikely that a standard hairdryer will generate enough heat to make adjusting an orthotic possible.
However a better question would be are you trying to make an adjustment yourself? I would recommend you see the prescribing physician for any adjustments. There is a science involved that goes beyond just heating and bending the device.

In brief: Hairdryer/orthotic

Dr. Trevor Neal
Dr. Trevor Neal
Dr. Brandon Macy
Podiatry

In brief: They may be

Heat sensitive, but a hair dryer may not get hot enough.
The few times we need to heat adjust an orthotic, we'll use a heat gun that gets much hotter. Aside from that, i would not recommend adjusting an orthotic on your own. They should never be uncomfortable and may need adjusting, but the doctor needs to know how and why they're painful before modifying them. It also my void a warranty.

In brief: They may be

Dr. Brandon Macy
Dr. Brandon Macy
Dr. Peter Kurzweil