Can I take a child with allergies outside?

Dr. Stevan Cordas
In brief: Allergist
Allergy affects 20-30% of americans.
Don't create a neurosis over this. I agree that some allergies are bad enough to need treatment from an allergist or your gp but only rarely requires isolation.

In brief: Allergist
Allergy affects 20-30% of americans.
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Dr. Ronald Achong
Great answer! I agree 100%
In brief: Allergies
Yes! allergies can be controlled with antihistamines or nasal sprays.
Allergy shots can also help control symptoms. But avoiding allergens is also extremely helpful, by that you can use a hepa filter in your home to decrease allergen exposure, decrease dust by getting rid of or minimizing dust carriers like stuffed animals, carpet and curtains.

In brief: Allergies
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marina Armendariz
In brief: Absolutely
There is no reason not to.
The allergies can be treated with otc medications. If they do not work, you can discuss the use of nasal steroid sprays with your doctor.

In brief: Absolutely
There is no reason not to.
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Thomas Klein
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
If a child is allergic to dust then it would be better to keep the windows open and fresh air outside would be fine.
Even if your child were allergic to outdoor pollens there are medicines which can be used to enable your child to go outside and lead a normal life of a child. As an allergist I have never had to restrict a child's activities to the indoors because of allergies. Good luck.

Dr. Thomas Klein
Dr. Thomas Klein
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine