Can a long inner labia interfere with sex?

Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: At Times

Some labiaplasty patients tell me that their labia minorae (the inner labiae) can actually hurt during sex and cause them to want to stop.
This is amongst their reasons for wanting the surgery to reduce them.

In brief: At Times

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes, common complain

Many of my patients with larger labia minora commonly complain of irritation during intercourse.
This is known as dyspareunia. Lubricants may help to diminish this. Discuss concerns with your gynecologist or an experienced plastic surgeon.

In brief: Yes, common complain

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Gynecology

Long inner labia (minora) can be sucked in & out of the vagina during intercourse.
Adequate lubrication should help in this situation. However, for some women, this is so problematic that they will opt for a labiaplasty to reduce the size of the labia minora. A good vulvovaginal surgeon can perform this operation (basically a plastic surgery for the vulva). Total recovery takes about 8 weeks.

Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Adam Levy