Are there any benefits to chinese herbal medicine?

Both Western medications & Traditional Chinese Medicines can be beneficial.
You must be cautious about what you use however. I try to be aware if I am taking a TCM medication that utilizes a rare or endangered species (like rhino horn or rare sea horses). Sometimes can contain contaminants (such as mercury in shark).

Dr. James Wright
Dentistry
In brief: Use both
In some cases there is nothing better than a pharmaceutical medicine and it produces miraculous results that would not be possible with herbal medicine.
I think the best approach is the integrative medicine approach and use the best of both.

In brief: Use both
Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. Keegan Duchicela