Can a panic attack ever harm you? My heart beats so hard and fast during attacks I feel like it will kill me and that fear only makes it worse

Panic attacks. One will not die from a panic attack. A prime symptom is a feeling that you may die. This is a very treatable condition.
Yes and No. Panic, per se, will not harm you since the clinical manifestation of the fear response (fight or flight) is panic. In many ways, the experience of panic in general suggests your primitive alarm system is functioning properly albeit in contexts that are not dangerous. However, chronic panic is associated with persistent medical conditions (antony et al., 1998; barsky, delamater, & orav, 1999).