I onli wheeze wen I laughed too much at nite, wen d temperature changes, if i'm having a flu or if d air quality is bad. Do I still need an inhaler?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Absolutely
You describe common triggers of asthma - laughing, temperature change, nighttime, viral respiratory infection & air pollution.
Other major triggers are exercise and allergy. If you have these symptoms no more than twice a week and wake up coughing no more than 2x/month then you have intermittent asthma. All you need is a reliever inhaler like albuterol but you should have it for emergencies.

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine
You may be amazed by how much better you feel when you are on a steroid inhaler.
You should at least have a rescue inhaler on hand for when your symptoms are out of control; asthma is a killer disease, and you don't know when the combination of triggers will get you in serious trouble.

Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. Joel Gallant
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: As needed
You may no need it all the time! but it can be helpful on an as needed basis.

In brief: As needed
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Arnon Rubin