Today my diabetic husband was nauseous and couldn't eat anything. His numbers dropped to 59. He usually manages this without problem. My question is what can I do to prevent him from dropping further in the future? At what point I take him to t

HYPOGLYCEMIA. It is common in diabetics who are on Insulin or meds which increse Insulin production to control blood sugar. When you take these meds and do not eat anything, the blood sugar can go down. These are standard instructions given when we treat patients with these drugs or insulin there two ways to avoid it, if you can not eat anything cut downd the dose, and check your sugar and if low take sugary drinks.
Gastroparesis. He may have diabetic gastroparesis which is slowing of stomach emptying because of nerve damage from diabetes. Tests and management are available if you see your gastroenterologist.