I have irregular periods, what is the time frame in which can I test after sexual intercourse to ensure I am not pregnant or gain accurate results?

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Difficult to say

It sounds like you need to be seen.
If you are not wanting to become pregnant, then birth control pills will do both prevent you from doing so, and regulate your periods.

In brief: Difficult to say

It sounds like you need to be seen.
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Hector Chapa

In brief: That's Tricky!

"fertile days" are only able to be used if you have regular cycles.
So, women with irregular cycles have a hard time knowing when they are "safe" to have sex. Even in women with regular cycles, that system doesnt always work. Have you considered a birth control plan? Is that something you may be interested in? In general, a preg test will be positive 1-2 weeks after implantation of fertilized egg.

In brief: That's Tricky!

Dr. Hector Chapa
Dr. Hector Chapa
Dr. Peter Kurzweil