I had two times dislocation of my right shoulder , after I did the MRI the orthopedic doctor said that my rotator cuff was injured, what should I do?

Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Rotator Cuff Tear

In patients over 40 years of age, it becomes common to have a dislocation tear through the rotator cuff, especially through the "rotator interval".
This type of tear doesn't heal on its own, but the dislocations often stop occurring. The problem is that pain and weakness persist after this type of rotator cuff tear. A large number of these patients end up with a rotator cuff repair.

In brief: Rotator Cuff Tear

Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Robert Coats II
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Labral injury common

Multiple shoulder dislocations usually indicate a tear of the anterior-inferior labrum. Although it is possible to have a rotator cuff tear as well, the dislocations are due to the labral tear. A MRI without intra-articular contrast may not show the tear in the labrum. Fortunately, both problems can be repaired arthroscopically.
Make sure your orthopaedic surgeon is experienced in arthroscopy.

In brief: Labral injury common

Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Robert Coats II
Dr. Vivek Agrawal
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Shoulder Specialist

Significant shoulder instability can result in injury to many tissues including the labrum, rotator cuff and nerves, etc.
See a shoulder specialist that routinely treats these injuries. http://www.theshouldercenter.com/shoulderpain/2012/shoulder-specialist/surgeryspecialist/.

In brief: Shoulder Specialist

Dr. Vivek Agrawal
Dr. Vivek Agrawal
Dr. John Michalski
See orthopedic surgeon to have surgical repair of rotator cuff & associated tears
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran

In brief: Depends on severity

Depends onthe severity of the injury and the torn of the rotator cuff tendon, how much symtoms pt have, .
With mild case you can try phyical therapy and inflammatory medication. In some case surgery is the option.Your ortho doc can advise you based on your specific case and sx.

In brief: Depends on severity

Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. Zubin Khubchandani
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Need more info

Usually your age group will have a labrum tear from a dislocation.
Is the "injury" to the cuff a tear? If so, then surgery.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Zubin Khubchandani
Dr. Zubin Khubchandani
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine