How rare is cancer of the eye? Im 22 but I do have this brownish pigmentation right on the outer edge of colored eye on both sides im african american

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Very rare
Ocular melanoma is a very rare, but very serious form of cancer.
If the pigmentation has been there for years, and hasn't changed in size or color, then the chance of cancer is lower. I recommend 2 things: 1) get some help and take a zoomed in digital photograph with a ruler under your eye and 2) visit your physician to see if you need to see an eye specialist.

In brief: Very rare
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Pathology
In brief: Uncommon
Cancer of eye, retinoblstoma, occurs in children and melanoma in older people.
However, it is not feasible to provide an informed opinion from the information you provided, please consult your doctor.

In brief: Uncommon
Dr. Adam Smith