I need a anti-depression med that doesn't have weight gain or sedating effects.I'm on effexor&its not helping anymore been on4 ten yrs.Time2change.?

Dr. Jonathan Nehrer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Many possibilities

It is best to discuss this with your psychiatrist, or if you are only seeing a primary care doc, you should ask for a referrall.
You may be someone who needs to change meds every few years. Are you in counseling? This may help too. The ones mentioned previuosly are possible but there are others. You can check the apa website at and look up antidepressant medication.

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Jonathan Nehrer
Dr. Jonathan Nehrer
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Wt.

Suggest wellbutrin (bupropion) or zoloft or lexapro.

In brief: Wt.

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Eric Weisman