45 yr old woman with graves disease & I swell excessively as much as 30 lbs ! I don't eat salt, heart & kidneys fine & I have trouble breathing?

Dr. Susan Wingo
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: See your doctor

If the hyperthyroidism from graves' is severe, and has not yet been treated, it can cause heart failure, even in people with no heart problems otherwise.
The heart failure can result in swelling and shortness of breath. Or the graves' and the swelling may be entirely unrelated. Only way to tell is a face-to-face visit with your doctor.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Alan Mindlin
Ophthalmology

In brief: Pituitary problem

This could be a sign of problems in the pituitary endocrine axis.
This needs further evaluation by an endocrinologist and further evaluation of the thyroid gland that may have swelling pressing on the trachea.

In brief: Pituitary problem

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology