45 yr old woman with graves disease & I swell excessively as much as 30 lbs ! I don't eat salt, heart & kidneys fine & I have trouble breathing?

Dr. Susan Wingo
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: See your doctor
If the hyperthyroidism from graves' is severe, and has not yet been treated, it can cause heart failure, even in people with no heart problems otherwise.
The heart failure can result in swelling and shortness of breath. Or the graves' and the swelling may be entirely unrelated. Only way to tell is a face-to-face visit with your doctor.

In brief: See your doctor
Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Alan Mindlin
Ophthalmology
In brief: Pituitary problem
This could be a sign of problems in the pituitary endocrine axis.
This needs further evaluation by an endocrinologist and further evaluation of the thyroid gland that may have swelling pressing on the trachea.

In brief: Pituitary problem
Dr. Alan Mindlin
Dr. Alan Mindlin
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine