Could I have colon hydrotherapy as a substitute for the "standard" prep for a colonoscopy? Normally use enemas.

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: If it clears you out

The main purpose of colon prep for colonsocopy is to clean out the stool so that the camera can see the linings of your colon.
The 'standard prep" works well because it has been done a gazillion times. I am not sure how good the hydrotherapy will do, but as long as it clean you out (without causing problem for you), i don't see why not! if it does not, u may have to do the standard" good luck.

In brief: If it clears you out

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Arie Pelta
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: No

Colonics are dangerous should never be done and have no medical benefit only harm. See online statement by the fda and all lawsuits for complications.
Will not remove the polyp thst cause cancer. The is no fat and no toxins in the colon to be wadhed out. Get a colonoscopy and only way to prevent cancer of colon/rectum.

In brief: No

Dr. Arie Pelta
Dr. Arie Pelta
Dr. Bac Nguyen
I believe this person is only asking to use the hydrotherapy as substute for the "standard-prep" (golytely etc.) for colonoscopy and not as s substitue for the colonoscopy itself.