Im very obese. I know this because I have severe low back pain when I walk. I can't even walk for 5 minutes without pain. What is the best way for me to lose weight. I cannot have weight loss surgery because i've had stomach surgery before. Please help?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Weight loss center

I recommend finding a weight loss center that consist of a team of professionals who evaluate you individually and not provide a "shot gun" approach.
A physician should look at your drug list and make sure u are not on meds that is causing weight gain or preventing weight loss. A exercise person should eval you and design a program around your limitations, dieticians to work with you individually.

In brief: Weight loss center

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen

In brief: You can

Previous stomach surgery does not rule out weight loss surgery.
Go to a local university medical center for an evaluation.

In brief: You can

Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Marc Neff
Surgery

In brief: Obesity surgery

Not every obese patient needs to undergo weight loss surgery to achieve successful long lasting weight loss.
But, the odds are stacked against you in today's world. We should not be able to walk into a convenience store and get any item we want at any time. And our portion size has tripled over the past 50 years. I would recommend an evaluation by a personal trainer and a dietician and/or md.

In brief: Obesity surgery

Dr. Marc Neff
Dr. Marc Neff
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery