I got bit by a black ant and my foot was covered within minutes with these patchy red lumps. Should I be tested for allergies, if it happens again?

Get checked ASAP. I would get tested right away and not wait for another occourance.
Again? I hope you are getting the current problem treated. An antihistamine would be a good idea as would ice.
Yes. If you were bit by one ant that is a pretty big reaction. I would get tested before you are bit again to make sure you do not have a more severe reaction the next time or at least be prepared in case you do.
Fire ant allergy. Louisiana is prime territory for fire ants. These nasty critters latch on with their jaws then pivot around leaving a circle of stings. Painful & you can develop life-threatening anaphylaxis to the venom. I recommend that you see a board-certified allergist for evaluation. Venom immunotherapy can be life-saving. An Epipen (epinephrine) may also save your life until you get the shots. Not a podiatry problem.