Why do my sinus cavities ache so much after drinking hard alcohol?

Dr. Ragan Faler
Dentistry
In brief: Inflammation
Alchohol is broken down into a toxic chemical called acetaledhyde which is toxic and causes inflammation in the tissues.
The body can only process so much alcohol at a time. I'd guess it's more of a quantity issue than type of alcohol.

In brief: Inflammation
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dr. James Beck
Maybe you're drinking it to fast and getting the equivalent of an "ice cream headache."
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dentistry
In brief: One possibility
It may be that the alcohol dries out your sinus membranes too much.
..Try drinking a full glass of water nefore going to sleep...And/or cut back on the alcohol consumption.

In brief: One possibility
Dr. Anna Guarna
Dr. Anna Guarna
In brief: Many possibilities
You may just be experiencing an adverse reaction to the alcohol.
Another reason could be due to increased blood flow to the sinuses from the vasodialation effects of alcohol. You may have a chronic sinus infection that becomes more acute when you drink from the immune suppresion effect of alcohol. Whatever the reason, see your doctor to rule out infection or pathology.

In brief: Many possibilities
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Charles Kattuah
Dr. Marsha Davis