What should I do if I have a urinary tract infection?

Dr. Simon Kimm
Urology
In brief: See your doctor.
Start drinking fluids & make an appointment with your doctor. Note all symptoms, including pain, back or side pain & fever.
You may take Ibuprofen or Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for relief, but be sure to go in for a urine test and culture even if there is improvement. Do not take old or expired antibiotics, unless approved by your physician. If you get a prescription, take the full course without stopping/skipping.

In brief: See your doctor.
Dr. Simon Kimm
Dr. Simon Kimm
Dr. Walter Kobasa
In brief: Get checked
You physician will either send you for a urine analysis and culture, treat you with antibiotics , or both.

In brief: Get checked
Dr. Walter Kobasa
Dr. Walter Kobasa