What should I do if I have a urinary tract infection?

See your doctor. Start drinking fluids & make an appointment with your doctor. Note all symptoms, including pain, back or side pain & fever. You may take Ibuprofen or Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for relief, but be sure to go in for a urine test and culture even if there is improvement. Do not take old or expired antibiotics, unless approved by your physician. If you get a prescription, take the full course without stopping/skipping.
Get checked. You physician will either send you for a urine analysis and culture, treat you with antibiotics , or both.