What could be causing a sudden blurry vision in my left eye?

Blood flow. In your age group usually migraine aura, but need to rule out diabetes, and other medical conditions that can lead to temporary disruption of the blood flow to that eye. Or in that eye.
Optical axis. If the vision is truly blurry (fuzzy) and there are no other defects - loss of vision, etc, the problem is in the optic axis or much less likely the retina. Something is dispersing light rays as they pass through your eye. In any case this is academic - you need a thorough exam as sudden unilateral vision change may be associated with a number of unpleasant things.