Is there a way to get rid of keloid scars?

Keloids. Two options here. One would be steroid injections into the keloids, hoping they shrink over the long term. This is not always effective. Second, they can be cut out, but the problem would be that the healing from the resection of a keloid can, of course, produce another keloid. Discuss with Dermatologist, but may be wise to just leave them be.
Yes. Dr. Press is absolutely correct. Treatment usually involves several different interventions. Most commonly the keloid is injected with steroid and/ or 5-fu. In some cases, the keloid can be removed surgically and delicately repaired along with the injectable treatments. Compression dressings also helpful. I usually reserve radiation for very severe keloids since there are side effects to radiation.
Improve, yes... But get rid of, no (this applies to all scars.) true keloids can be very difficult to deal with. They are more common in people with darkly pigmented skin and are characterized by scarring that exceeds the boundaries of the original wound. Numerous options exist including pressure, steroid injection, low dose radiation, and others. See a plastic surgeon for an evaluation.
Silicone gel. Silicone gel, such as Kelo Cote and laser treatments can help. See a plastic surgeon.