If I wear zinc oxide in the tanning bed on my face, will that help prevent skin cancer?

Dr. Margaret Mann
Dermatology
In brief: Avoid tanning
As a dermatologist, i always advocate for sunscreen use to prevent skin cancer.
However, even more important than that is avoidance of tanning beds. Sunscreens do not protect you 100%, so much of the uv rays in the tanning bed is stil getting thru. Your tan is a sign that damage has been done to your skin and your skin is trying to protect itself with more pigment. So ditch the tanning bed!

In brief: Avoid tanning
Dr. Margaret Mann
Dr. Margaret Mann
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Only on
Your nose. Choosing tanning booth and the vanity of a healthy [?] tan is in fact risky and unhealthy.

In brief: Only on
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Arnon Rubin