If I have a strong pulse in my stomach, could it be an aortic aneurysm?

Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Possible

Thin people tend to feel their aortic pulse easier. If there is any concern or family history then you need a physician to examine you and probably get an ultrasound of the abdomen if there is any suspicion.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. Robert Gould
Radiology

In brief: Possibly

Your strong pulse in your abdomen may be nothing.
However, it could be an abdominal aortic aneurysm which could be serious. An inexpensive and safeway to answer the question definitively would be to have an ultrasound of the aorta. The results then can be given to your personal physician and reviewed with you. If the ultrasound of your aorta is normal you do not have an aneurysm.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Robert Gould
Dr. Robert Gould
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology