How can I prevent my flat feet from getting worse?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Improve function

Wearing good shoes and supports is the best protection you have for your feet.
Avoid barefoot. Improving the way the foot works will decrease the wear and tear not only to your feet, but also knees, legs hips and low back. Discuss with your foot specialists. Dr l.

In brief: Improve function

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha

In brief: Orthotics

The least invasive way of helping your arches is to consider having custom orthotics made.
They will support your arch and realign your foot. There are surgical options as well. How bad your feet are and how much pain you have would determine if surgery would be necessary.

In brief: Orthotics

Dr. Johnnie Alston
Dr. Johnnie Alston
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Orthotics

Support and strengthen.
Support via orthotics (custom arch supports), try and build up the muscles /tendons of the foot i.E the posterior tibial tendon.

In brief: Orthotics

Support and strengthen.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass