Can I give my grandma half of my liver if she has liver cancer?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Very generous idea

But first need to unravel the 'appropriateness' of gram as a transplant recpinet with her tumor, then your histocompatibility (match) for transplant.
Once anathema, primary liver cancers now get a close look about compatibity for transplant, .

In brief: Very generous idea

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Complicated

There are a long list of criteria.
What you are suggesting is called "living donor" liver transplantation. First, this is only done for patients with small, isolated liver cancer tumors. Second, this operation is only done in select university hospitals in the us. Finally, prospective donors must be tested to make sure theya re a match, and that all involved patients are healthy enough.

In brief: Complicated

There are a long list of criteria.
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham