Is there any blood test that you could take to test for hemochromatosis?

Yes. Serum iron - is best conducted after fasting for at least 3 hours. Stop iron or vitamin c at least 3 days before taking the test. Total iron binding capacity - tells how well ur body can bind 2 iron. Serum iron divided by TIBC x 100% gives you important information about the transferrin-iron saturation percentage (ts%). Ts% is usually 25-35%; serum ferritin measures the amount of iron stored in u.
Yes. Transferrin saturation is a fairly good screen but if there is serious suspicion (elevated liver function tests for no obvious reason, family history), a serum ferritin is your best lab.
Yes. The way to start is to check a transferrin saturation. Depending of these results and other findings on physical exam and personal and family history, more tests may follow. We can check for the genetic abnormalities associated with most common type of hereditary hemochromatosis in a gene called hfe, if necessary. There are other genes, but they are more laborious to analyze.