Is it possible that hemochromatosis could kill patients?

Dr. Maritza Baez
Over time, excesses of iron build up in major organs such as the heart, liver, pancreas, joints and pituitary.
If the extra iron is not removed, these organs can become diseased, causing conditions like diabetes mellitus, irregular heart beat or heart attack, arthritis, cirrhosis of the liver or liver cancer, gall bladder disease, depression, impotence, infertility, hypothyroidism, hypogonadism.

Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez
Pathology
In brief: It certainly does
I've had a couple of autopsies in which hemochromatosis was missed in life, with fatal results.
It's easy to detect with today's methods, and easy to treat. Just don't ignore it. Best wishes.

In brief: It certainly does
Dr. Peter Kurzweil