Should I feel guilty that I am using a bottle to feed my baby?

Dr. Pamela Lindor

In brief: No

No! babies who are bottle fed, for whatever reason, will thrive and do wonderfully in a healthy, loving environment.
Do not feel "bad" about yourself or your decision. Seek support from those close to you, many mom's have found themselves feeling this way. Every day remember to appreciate how amazing and unique your baby is and what a privilege it is to be a mother.

In brief: No

Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Pamela Lindor
Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: No

I would only feel bad for choosing to not feed your baby.
How you feed your baby, breast or bottle, is a personal choice and you should feel good about which-ever method of nourishing your infant you use.

In brief: No

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Guilt is rarely good

That you ask tells me that you've been informed of the benefits of breast milk.
They are true for most people but not for all. Also, there can be benefits of bottle feeding too. Try to enjoy the bonding time by holding your baby for the feedings - smiling and cooing and touching. The intimacy + the nutrition will be there! (my baby ; i were allergic to each other ; bottles worked fine!).

In brief: Guilt is rarely good

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Jonathan Jassey