What does a brown recluse spider look like dead?

Brown Recluse. In the mature brown recluse spider as well as some other species of recluse spiders, the dark violin marking is well defined, with the neck of the violin pointing toward the bulbous abdomen. The abdomen is uniformly colored, although the coloration can range from light tan to dark brown, and is covered with numerous fine hairs that provide a velvety appearance.
Dr Fisher provided. a detailed description. To be frank - the one that bit me just looked like a little brown, non-descript spider. Not impressive looking at all - & I didn't even feel it bite me at the time. Boy, did he make me SICK fast!!