What do these types of test means: tsh, t3, (liothyronine) t4?

Gas pedal & gas. Tsh is like the gas pedal. T3 (liothyronine) and T4 are the gas. The pituitary sends TSH [thyroid stimulating hormone], a chemical message to the thyroid to work faster or slower. High TSH means low thyroid. Low TSH means high thyroid. T3 (liothyronine) is active form of thyroid hormone. T4 is inactive thyroid hormone.
Thyroid. These tests are used to evaluate your pituitary and thyroid axis. They are often checked to see if you have a thyroid problem.