My legs and feet were swollen when I went to bed but when I woke up they were still swollen. What could it be?

Dr. Kevin Considine

In brief: Have this checked

It is possible that this may just be venous insufficiency and/or varicosities.
But certainly see if there are other issues like underlying congestive heart failure or clots as well. Would depend on your medical history and age but again if this is new it should be checked.

In brief: Have this checked

Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine

In brief: Many things

Many things can make you swell.
If the swelling is in both legs then you may need to more concerned with your heart and/or kidneys. If it is just one side you may need to be checked for a blood clot. A thorough exam will hopefully answer the questionand give you some suggestions of how to treat it.

In brief: Many things

Many things can make you swell.
Dr. Johnnie Alston
Dr. Johnnie Alston
Dr. Umesh Patel